Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Breakfast On-The-Go


This idea comes from my friend, Tina. I made a dozen of these and froze them so that anyone could grab one on the way out the door. Just microwave for 1 minute and you are set!

Serves 12 ( 7 points+)


  • 12 Light ( 100 calorie) English Muffins
  • 12 oz. Jimmy Dean reduced-fat pork sausage, cut into 12 patties
  • 12 eggs
  • 6 slices 2% American cheese, halved


Preheat oven to 350. Split muffins open and lay on 2 baking sheets. Bake until toasted
Cook sausage until no longer pink. You can either do this in a large frying pan or on a rimmed baking sheet in the oven once the muffins are done.
Whisk together the eggs in a bowl. Ladle by 1/4 cupfuls into muffin tins coated with nonstick spray. Bake about 10-15 minutes or until eggs are done.

Place one egg on each muffin bottom, top with sausage and 1/2 slice cheese. Top with muffin top. Wrap individually in wax paper and then place in large ziplock freezer bags.

1 comment:

  1. I used turkey sausage to reduce the points. Easy, peasy breakfast!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...