Friday, March 7, 2014

Lemon Blueberry Waffles


We enjoyed these healthy, home-made waffles for breakfast this week. The original recipe comes from a site called "The Gracious Pantry"www.thegraciouspantry.com". I have adapted it slightly and I cut the recipe in half since there were only a few of us for breakfast that morning. These can also be made into pancakes if you do not have a waffle maker.

Makes 5 waffles ( 5 points + each. Add additional points for syrup)


  • 1-1/2 c. white whole wheat flour
  • 2 c. vanilla almond milk
  • 1 egg
  •  1 egg white
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • zest of one lemon
  • 1 c. fresh blueberries


Whisk all ingredients together, except for blueberries in a large bowl. Stir in berries.
Spray your waffle maker well as blueberries can stick. Cook as you normally would cook your waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...