Monday, March 31, 2014

Black Bean, Corn, Green Grape, and Avocado Salad



This salad was amazing! The combination of the sweet and savory was refreshing and light tasting. I served this as a side dish with Chicken Chili Enchiladas. This would be a nice main course for a lunch, too. This recipe comes from the book "Eating in Color" by Frances Largeman-Roth. I have enjoyed every recipe I have tried from this book so far. I hope you like this one too!

serves 6 ( about 1 c. = 4 points +)


  • 1 tsp. grated lime zest
  • 2 T. fresh lime juice
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 1 ( 15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 mango, diced
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1/3 c. frozen corn kernels, thawed
  • 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
  • 1/2 c. green grapes, quartered


In a small bowl, combine the lime zest, juice, salt and cayenne pepper. Add the beans and stir to coat.

In a large bowl. combine remaining ingredients. Add beans and gently toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...