Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tomato-Basil Soup



This easy soup recipe can be made in about 15 -20 minutes. I served this along with 
Prosciutto and Gruyere Stromboli. Enjoy!

Serves 4 ( 2 points +)

  • 1T. olive oil
  • 1/2 c. chopped onion
  • 1 ( 28 oz) can whole tomatoes, undrained
  • 1/2 c. water
  • 1/4 c. fresh basil leaves
  • 2 T. fat-free sour cream
  • salt to taste


Heat 2 tsp. oil in a sauce pot. Add onion and cook until tender. Add tomatoes and water. Simmer for 10 minutes. Place tomato mixture in a blender, along with basil and sour cream. Blend until smooth. ( or use an immersion blender). Season with salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...