Friday, September 20, 2013

Harvest Apple Salad


We love this salad in the fall. The original recipe came from my friend at 
Cupcakes and Crablegs, but I have lightened it and changed a couple of the ingredients. I hope you like it!

serves 8 ( 4 points+)
Salad:

  • mixed salad greens ( about 10 c.)
  • 1/4 c. chopped walnuts, toasted
  • 1/4 c. dried cranberries
  • 1 apple, thinly sliced
  • 2 T. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese


Dressing:

  • 2 T. light mayonnaise
  • 2 T. sugar-free maple syrup
  • 1-1/2 T. tarragon vinegar or apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 c. olive oil
  • salt and pepper


For dressing, whisk together all ingredients until smooth.

For salad, place lettuce on a large platter. Top with remaining ingredients. Drizzle with dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...