Monday, June 24, 2013


While browsing Pinterest last week, I came across a similar picture to this one. The recipe originally came from a site called "Our Life in Food". I decided to come up with my own measurements to make this salad points friendly. It is full of antioxidants, protein, healthy fat and iron. I hope you like it!

serves 2 ( 6 points +)

  • 4 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 1 tsp. olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 c. fresh blueberries
  • 4 c. fresh, baby spinach
  • 1/2 c. diced avocado
  • 1 oz. diced Colby or cheddar cheese
  • balsamic vinegar


Heat a nonstick skillet. Add oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and cook until no longer pink. ( 3-4 minutes per side). Remove and let stand 5 minutes before cutting into cubes.

Place 2 c. spinach on each plate. Top with blueberries, cheese, avocado and chicken. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...