Friday, May 3, 2013

Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing


This salad would make a perfect lunch or a nice, hefty side dish! This recipe is slightly adapted from a site called "The Garden Grazer". I originally saw this recipe on Pinterest and it looked so fresh and appetizing that I knew I had to try it! Just the thought of cilantro and lime together gets me every time!

serves 8 ( 4 points +)
Salad:

  • 1 head iceberg lettuce or 1 large head Romaine lettuce, chopped
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
  • 2 c. frozen corn, thawed
  • 1 bunch green onions, chopped
  • 1 can ( 15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed


Dressing:

  • 1 c. loosely packed cilantro
  • 1/2 c. plain low-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 c. olive oil
  • juice of one lime
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • salt to taste
Combine salad ingredients together in a large bowl. 
For dressing, place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Toss salad with dressing.

2 comments:

  1. I made this the other night and had our neighbors over. The dressing MADE the salad! I used hominy instead of corn (not a fan of it) but did everything else by the recipe. We were scraping the dressing bowl trying to get the last drop, haha! Excellent summertime dinner. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it turned out well for you. I think grilled chicken on top would have been nice, too!

      Delete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...