Monday, March 18, 2013

Cinnamon Roll Cookie Bars



This recipe, which I adapted from Pinterest to make more points friendly, was a nice, quick way to make a little treat.

Makes 32 bars ( 3 points +)

Bars:

  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1/2 c. ( 1 stick) light butter, melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
  • 2 T. cinnamon


Icing:

  • 1 c. powdered sugar
  • 2 T. skim milk


Preheat oven to 350.
Mix bar ingredients together and pour into a 13 x 9 pan coated with nonstick spray. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool slightly.
Combine icing ingredients and spread over the top of bars. Cut into 32 bars.

3 comments:

  1. oh these look simply heavenly! and i love that you use a box cake mix- really makes my life a whole lot easier!! Do you think these would freeze well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking some raisins and walnuts added to the batter would make them even more yummy. It would add some points, but would be a good addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula,
    You may want to try these!
    http://pointlessmeals.blogspot.com/2011/05/raisin-cinnamon-bars.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...