Monday, August 6, 2012

Italian Zucchini Meatloaf



Tonight's main course recipe was my attempt at creatively using more of that zucchini from the garden. This turned out great! I hope you like it! The serving size is quite hefty, so if you have a smaller appetite, just cut your piece and your points in half!

serves 8 ( 6 points +)
Meatloaf:


  • 2 lbs. lean ground beef ( 93% lean)
  • 1 c. quick cooking rolled oats
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • ½ tsp. pepper
  • 2 c. grated zucchini
  • 1 medium carrot, grated


Sauce:

  • 1 c. tomato sauce
  • 1 tsp. oregano
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • ½ tsp. pepper
  • ½ tsp. dried basil


Topping:

  • ¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese


Combine meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl. Place in an 11 x 7 baking dish and form into a loaf shape.
Combine sauce with spices and pour over loaf. Bake at 375 for 1 hour or until desired doneness. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

2 comments:

  1. This was great! My husband and 2 toddlers all loved it also! I made a couple changes though. I baked mine in a 5x9 loaf pan and just put ketchup on top instead of the sauce and skipped the cheese. Not sure how that would effect the points.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...