Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Fettuccini with Tomato Cream Sauce



This quick and easy recipe is full of fresh flavor! This is perfect for a meatless weeknight meal!


Serves 8 ( about 1-¼ c. = 9 points +)

  • 16 oz. fettuccini noodles, Cooked al dente
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 2 T. crushed garlic ( from a jar)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 T. dried oregano
  • 1 can ( 28 oz) whole tomatoes
  • 1 can ( 28 oz) crushed tomatoes
  • 5 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
  • fresh basil leaves
  • 1 oz. shaved Parmesan



In a saucepan, heat olive oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add both cans of tomatoes, salt, pepper and oregano. Bring to a boil, crushing the tomatoes with a spoon. Stir in cream cheese and cook until melted. Stir in drained pasta. Transfer to a serving bowl. top with fresh basil and shaved Parmesan.

3 comments:

  1. I want to try this ASAP! Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous blog! Thank you for sharing your talents!
    LOVING THIS excited I found ya

    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this last night and it was fantastic! Thank you for the recipe. I'm loving this blog so much. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...