Monday, July 30, 2012

Cherry Galette


This cherry galette was a "different" kind of birthday treat for my mom. I knew we would be having cake at a later date for her official birthday party, so I wanted to make something different. This is a perfect July dessert. It was easy to make using pre-made crust, but it was pretty too… now if I just owned a cherry pitter, I could make this recipe in a snap! This recipe is complemented nicely with a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt!


serves 6 ( 6 points +)

  • 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
  • 2 T. sugar, divided
  • 1-½ tsp. cornstarch
  • 3-½ c. pitted cherries
  • ½ tsp. grated lemon rind
  • 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
  • 1-½ T. low-fat buttermilk
  • 1 T. turbinado sugar



Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Unroll pie dough and roll into a 12-½  inch circle.
Combine 1 T. sugar with the cornstarch and sprinkle over the crust, leaving a 2 inch border.
Combine cherries, remaining 2 T. sugar, lemon rind and juice. Arrange cherry mixture over pie crust, leaving a 2 inch border. Fold dough over cherries, pressing to seal.
Brush edges of dough with buttermilk. Sprinkle turbinado sugar evenly over crust and cherries.
Bake for 25 minutes or until crust is browned and juices are bubbly. Cool for at least 20 minutes.


adapted from "Cooking Light"


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...