Thursday, May 24, 2012

Chicken Joes



These sandwiches are full of healthy ingredients and are very low in points. They are 2 points +, but you must add additional points for the bun.
This recipe was adapted from the cookbook "The Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook".


serves 8-10 ( 2 points +) add additional points for bun




  • 1 lb. ground chicken ( white meat only)
  • ½ c. onion, finely chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • ½ tsp. paprika
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 red or green pepper, chopped
  • ¾ c. diced zucchini
  • 1 ( 14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
  • ½ c. bottled bbq sauce ( look for a brand with low sugar)




In a large skillet, cook the ground chicken, onion, garlic, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper until meat is browned.
Add green or red pepper and zucchini. Cook until tender. Add diced tomatoes and bbq sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! I think I will be making it today.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...