Monday, April 23, 2012

Chicken with Caramelized Onions and Raspberry Sauce


I love going to the library and looking through the newest cookbooks. Recently, I came across this book called, "The Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook". Since my dad is a diabetic, I thought I would check this out and see if there were any interesting recipes that might appeal to his tastes.
This chicken was very full of flavor and is pretty quick to make! We all enjoyed it, including my dad!


serves 6 ( 6 points+)

  • ½ c. seedless raspberry preserves
  • 1-½ tsp. crushed ginger
  • 1 T. red wine vinegar
  • 1 T. low-sodium soy sauce
  • 6 ( 4 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1-½ T. canola oil, divided
  • 1 onion, halved and sliced



In a small bowl, combine preserves, ginger, vinegar and soy sauce. Set aside.


Heat 1 T. oil in a large skillet. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the pan and sear for about  5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan.


Add remaining ½ T. oil to pan. Add onion and cook until browned and tender. Add preserve mixture to the pan and heat through. Return chicken to the pan, turn to coat and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until heated through and cooked through.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...