Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bacon Maple Waffles


With maple syrup season upon us, I thought it would be fun to try this delicious breakfast treat. The bacon in each waffle is an added little surprise!


Makes 6 ( 7 points + )



  • 2 c. flour
  • 1 T. baking powder
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • 1-½ c. buttermilk
  • 3 T. sugar-free maple syrup
  • 4 center cut bacon slices, cooked crisp and crumbled
  • 3 large eggs



In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until blended. Spray your waffle iron with nonstick spray and add about ½ c. batter to the iron. Cook according to directions.


adapted from "Cooking Light"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...