Thursday, January 12, 2012

Spinach, Bacon and Tomato Salad with Feta-Buttermilk Dressing



This salad is so full of fun flavors and textures. I hope you like it!


serves 6 ( 4 points + )


Salad:

  • 5 slices bacon, cooked crisp
  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 2 slices, sourdough bread ( 1 oz. each) cubed
  • 8 c. fresh spinach
  • ½ c. red onion, sliced thinly
  • 1 c. grape tomatoes, halved



Dressing:

  • ¼ c. light mayonnaise
  • 1 T. white vinegar
  • 1 T. fresh lemon juice
  • ¼ c. low-fat buttermilk
  • 3 T. crumbled feta cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
For salad, heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add bread cubes and cook until toasted
Combine spinach, onion, tomatoes and crumbled bacon in a large bowl.

For dressing, whisk together all ingredients. Pour half of the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Top salad with croutons and drizzle with remaining dressing.

1 comment:

  1. It looks so yummy and I love feta cheese.

    http://nevertheskinnygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...