Friday, January 27, 2012

Italian Penne


This recipe is fairly easy. I served it as a side dish, but you can serve it as a main dish. For a main dish serving ( 8 servings = 7 points + ) for a side dish ( 12 servings = 5 points + )
I served this along with Parmesan Chicken Tenders.


serves 12 ( 5 points + )



  • 1 box ( 13.5 oz) whole wheat pasta
  • 1 c. chopped onion
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • oregano to taste
  • basil to taste
  • 8 oz. small fresh mozzarella balls, drained
  • 2 cans ( 14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 c. chopped fresh tomatoes
  • 1 can ( 14 oz. ) artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
Boil pasta until cooked al dente. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with spray, cook onions until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add diced tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, artichoke hearts and remaining spices. Cook 10 minutes.
Drain pasta, toss with tomato mixture. Add cheese balls right before serving.

3 comments:

  1. I know my Italian husband would approve of this meal. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy,
    Let me know if you try it with the Parmesan Chicken tenders. Those are awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great and I'm eager to try this recipe out! My family and I have been following Weight Watchers since the start of the year and love it so far :) On the 12 servings version, what is a single serving size?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...