Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fruit Pizza





I have not made this recipe in years! I was thinking of a way to use up more of my freshly picked strawberries, when I remembered this recipe. I have lightened it by using low-fat cream cheese and light butter in the icing. You can use whatever fruit you like too.


serves 16 ( 5 points +)

  • 1 roll Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
  • fruit of your choice



Icing:

  • 3 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese
  • 2 T. light stick butter
  • 1-½ c. powdered sugar
  • dash of salt
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 T. skim milk



Roll sugar cookie dough onto a large pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Do not roll completely to the edge or it may overflow. Bake at 350 until golden. Do not over-bake. Cool completely.


For icing, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar, salt, vanilla and milk. Beat until smooth. Spread over cooled cookie and top with fruit. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. My sister made this for my niece's birthday with apple jelly as the "sauce" instead of the one you made -- super delicious. I love the idea of using sugar cookie dough instead of making your own crust as my sister did. Yours looks super tasty & pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally want to make this! What a fantastic idea…I wonder if I could get my man to go along with it! I love fruits. Pinning!

    Zia
    I found the best Philadelphia PA Asbestos Lawyer

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...