Thursday, May 5, 2011

Velveeta Stuffed Burgers

These burgers were very good! I did cook them on the George Foreman and the cheese did start oozing out, so you do have to watch them. It may be easier if you cook them in a frying pan and flip gently.
Add additional points for whichever bun you choose. I used Healthy Life Buns which are only 2 points +
Top with whatever toppings you like. I sauteed some onions in fat-free beef broth and they were excellent!
Top the bottom patty with 1 oz. Velveeta

Form the top patty over the cheese and seal edges

Cooking on the Foreman

Finished burger! Yum!

serves 4 ( 5 points + )


  • 1 lb ( 93%) lean ground beef
  • 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
  • salt, pepper, garlic powder and minced onion to taste
  • 4 oz. light ( 2%) Velveeta cheese, cubed


Mix beef with Worcestershire sauce and spices. Divide into eight equal sections. Press one section flat, top with a cheese cube. Press another section of beef and mold over the cheese. Pinch to seal all edges.
Grill or pan fry until desired doneness.

4 comments:

  1. looks delicious! try freezing your cubes of cheese next time before you put them inside the meat. Does wonders in stopping the cheese from oozing out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee,
    Thanks for that awesome tip! I will try it next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. I too have gone throug the Weight Watchers program ( a few times) and I loosly use the points system. I love to cook and I'm always trying to find great recipes to make for my family that fit in with my diet. Thanks.....Tanja www.babyboomersareus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying today on the grill! Feeding 4 kids and 2 adults so I'll have to use more meat lol! So glad I found your recipe thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...