Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tiramisu

My daughter Jessica, with her new husband, Joey


Me with Joey


I made this tiramisu for my new son's birthday.








serves 16 ( 6 points + )


6 egg yolks
3 T. sugar
1 lb. mascarpone cheese ( Italian cream cheese)
2-½ c. strong espresso, cooled ( I used instant espresso powder to make this)
24 ladyfingers
1 oz. bittersweet chocolate, shaved or chopped for topping


In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thick and pale ( 5 minutes)
Add mascarpone cheese and beat until smooth. Add 1 T. espresso and beat until thickened ( almost like the consistency of a pudding mixed with Cool Whip)


In a shallow dish, dip each lady finger in espresso for just a couple of seconds. If you dip them longer, they will fall apart. Place 12 soaked ladyfingers in the bottom on an 8" square pan. Top with half of the mascarpone mixture. Repeat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings before serving.

5 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful family!!! All the best to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roz!
    I have two more very handsome sons as well. I will have to post their pictures sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Sorry! That was supposed to be "Beat the eggs with the sugar". Thanks for catching that. I will fix it now!

      Delete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...