Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets

Last night, I was cooking for about a dozen people. I was looking for something simple to make, using what I had on hand, since I am still trying to avoid going to the grocery store! I ran across this recipe for Chicken Nuggets at "Skinny Taste", so I thought I would give it a try. I made two large pans of nuggets and everyone loved them. Not one nugget was left! I hope you like these too. They should satisfy even your picky eaters. Serve them with whichever dipping sauces you choose. We chose BBQ, Ketchup or Honey Mustard.


Just before going into the oven

Just coming out of the oven



        Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets: serves 4 ( ¼ of chicken = 4 points + )

  • 16 oz (2 large) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even bit sized pieces
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 6 tbsp Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 2 tbsp panko
  • 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
  • olive oil spray

Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.

Put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken.
Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 - 10 minutes. Turnover then cook another 4 - 5 minutes or until cooked though.

1 comment:

  1. You're site looks great! These are such a hit on my site!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...