Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I hate grocery shopping! Therefore, I only go every two weeks. I am just about due to go again and so in my house, that usually means that I am using up whatever ingredients I have on hand to make recipes. Today, I had three bananas that were VERY ripe, so I decided to try to come up with a new banana muffin recipe. This recipe, in my opinion, is the banana muffin recipe to end all banana muffin recipes! I hope you like it!
Oh, if you get  a chance, check out my daughter's new blogsite! She is an amazing artist and has many other creative talents as well.  Portraits and Projects


Right out of the oven

They taste great when they are warm!

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins: Makes 18 ( 4 points + )



  • ¼ c. light stick butter * Land O' Lakes is my choice
  • ½ c. unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 c. sugar
  • ½ c. egg beaters
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • ¼ c. low-fat buttermilk
  • 1 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1 c. white whole wheat flour * I like King Arthur
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • ½ c. mini chocolate chips



Preheat oven to 375 and spray 18 muffin cups with nonstick spray.


In a large mixing bowl, beat first 7 ingredients ( through buttermilk) until well blended. Stir together flour, soda and salt. Add to banana mixture. Beat until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly between 18 muffin cups. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden and center springs back when pressed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness! Those look SO YUMMY! I hate grocery shopping too but how do you shop every two weeks and still keep your produce fresh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margie,
    I usually do have to run out in between weeks to get some fresh produce and milk.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...