Saturday, May 28, 2011

Baked Eggs in Ham Cups

Every once in awhile, I like to make breakfast for dinner. Tonight was one of those nights. I made these baked eggs in ham cups along with crepes and spiced bacon twists. I hope you like these!





before going in the oven

finished egg cups



Baked Eggs in Ham Cups: serves 6 ( 4 points + )


  • 6 slices ( 1 oz. each ) round ham, such as Virginia ham
  • 6 large eggs
  • 3 oz. part-skim mozzarella, diced into 12 cubes
  • 6 grape tomatoes, halved
  • salt and pepper to taste


Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375.
Fold ham into quarters. Place point into the center of the muffin cup. Open up the ham so that if forms a cup. Carefully crack one egg into each cup. Tuck in mozzarella and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 15-20 minutes or until the egg whites look set, but the yolk is still a bit runny.

4 comments:

  1. these are so cute! so cute that i had to try them. i switched it up a bit with canadian bacon and american cheese and then i wrote a blog about it and linked back to you! here's the link to the entry. thank you for the idea!

    http://reluctantwwfoodie.wordpress.com/2011/06/06/weekly-weigh-in-and-a-fun-twist-on-breakfast/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son called me about a month ago to tell me he'd made this fantastic breakfast recipe. It sounded good so I wrote it down...well it's these egg cups! His didn't have cheese and tomatoes, mine will though! I'm making these this morning! TY for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The meal plan service I use (shout out to Shrinking On A Budget Meal Plans) has these, but uses grated cheese, scrambled eggs and chopped tomatoes. That method is more kid friendly, but this looks amazing! When I do the recipe next time I might use the chunks of cheese, whole tomatoes and the runny yolk for me. YUMMM

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...