Sunday, May 22, 2011

Autumn Salad

You may be asking why I would make an "Autumn Salad" in the spring. The answer is because this is my absolute favorite salad in the entire world! I first tasted this salad at "Tina's Italian Cafe" in Gurnee, Illinois. I have tried to replicate it here. I hope you like it. My daughter, Jessica, and I could eat this every day!
This photo shows an individual serving. I think it looks very pretty if you make up the plates individually.
This would make a nice lunch or side-salad with dinner. If you want to make it an entree size, then ¼ of this salad would be 8 points +.



serves 6 ( 5 points + )


  • 5 oz. mixed greens
  • ¼ c. dried cranberries
  • 1 large sweet potato, cooked, peeled, cooled and cubed ( I microwaved mine and then cooled in the freezer)
  • 8 oz. pumpkin ravioli, boiled and drained
  • ⅓ c. crumbled gorgonzola cheese
  • ½ c. raspberry walnut dressing ( Newman's Own or Ken's )


Place greens on each plate. Top with cranberries, then diced sweet potato. Cut each ravioli in half and arrange on top of plates. Sprinkle with cheese. Drizzle with dressing.

2 comments:

  1. This salad looks amazing..... Summer, Spring, Winter or Fall! :-) Definitely bookmarking this to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH....what a great looking recipe. AND time of the year! I've bookmarked it!!! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...