Monday, December 6, 2010

Macadamia Butter Cookies



This recipe was adapted from "Cooking Light". I have added some white chocolate chips, which makes these cookies outstanding.  These would be fun to make for Christmas. You will not believe that these cookies do not have butter in them. The macadamia nuts are ground to make the "butter". I am using the new Weight Watcher's point system called "points plus".

Makes 30 ( each cookie is 3 points plus)

⅔ c. macadamia nuts
½ c. sugar
½ c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1-¼ c. flour
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
½ c. dried sweetened cranberries
½ c. white chocolate chips
1 T. sugar

Preheat oven to 375 and spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray.

Place nuts in a food processor and process until smooth. Combine macadamia butter, ½ c. sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Mix well. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well. Combine flour with baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Add to macadamia mixture. Stir in cranberries and chips. Refrigerate and chill for 15-30 minutes. Form dough into 30 balls. Place 1 T. sugar into a bowl. Lightly press each ball into sugar. Place balls, sugar side up on baking sheets. Gently press the top of each cookie in a criss-cross pattern with a fork.
Bake for 9 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this one. I get a daily newsletter in my email box and there's a super fattening recipe for this (almost exact same) cooke. The other one had the nuts in them instead of ground up. I can't wait to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Looks great. I found you through TJ's Test Kitchen blog roll. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know how you like these. They are soft and yummy! Do not overcook them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look like a "must add" to my holiday baking this year! Thanks for the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...