Saturday, November 6, 2010

No Knead Herb Bread

My soon to be son, Joey


Makes 2 loaves ( 12 slices per loaf. Each slice is 2 points +)

  • 4 c. flour
  • 1 pkg. yeast
  • 2 c. warm water
  • 1 T. sugar
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. each parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme

Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Add remaining ingredients and beat well.  Cover and allow dough to rise in mixing bowl until doubled in size. Stir down and divide into two bread pans. Cover and let rise again. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until it sounds hollow when thumped on top and is browned.

1 comment:

  1. To quote my husband, "This is some of the best bread I've ever had. And I've had a lot of bread made by a lot of old ladies."

    It was really, really easy to make and it's really yummy.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...