Monday, September 13, 2010

Quick Black Bean and Corn Soup



This soup was just what the title says... 
It goes well with cornbread!

serves 4 ( 7 points +)

  • 1 c. frozen corn kernels
  • 3 ( 15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained and divided
  • 1-1/2 c. fat free chicken broth
  • 1 ( 14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 T. chili garlic sauce or paste
  • salt to taste
  • 4 T. Breakstone's fat-free sour cream

Heat a large pot with cooking spray. Add corn and saute until slightly browned.
Place two cans of beans with broth in a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer to the pot with the corn. Add the tomatoes, chili garlic sauce and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
Top each serving with 1 T. sour cream.

recipe adapted from "Cooking Light"

3 comments:

  1. I am not sure i know what "chili garlic sauce/paste" is.
    I do know what chili sauce is, is that the same thing?

    Makes no difference, you can never go wrong with any type of Black Bean Soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chili garlic sauce or chili garlic paste are usually found in the Asian aisle of the grocery store. Chili sauce is different. You can experiment though to see what you like. I think you could even get by with just using some bottled minced garlic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!!! I'll be trying this for sure. I adore black bean soup.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...