Monday, September 6, 2010

Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Hashbrown Stacks




I originally saw a similar recipe to this in a Weight Watcher's cookbook. I decided to change it up a little and add ingredients I liked.

serves 4 ( 3 points  +)

  • 4 hashbrown patties
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 egg whites
  • 3 slices Canadian bacon
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 c. green pepper, diced
  • 1/4 c. onion, diced
  • 1/2 c. reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese

In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown the hashbrowns until golden and crisp.
Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, egg whites, Canadian bacon, salt and pepper.

In another nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute peppers and onions until almost tender ( about 5 minutes) Add egg mixture and cook until nearly done. Sprinkle with cheese. Let melt.
Serve over hashbrowns.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this looks like a perfect Sunday morning breakfast for the family. I'm so sick of pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! All of my favorites in one meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gonna be breakfast for dinner tomorrow.
    Even the kids said, yummmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was an awesome recipe! Easy to make, yummy to eat...we paired it with a blueberry french toast recipe from ww online. Thanks for sharing all these recipes! You're saving my life here =-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...