Friday, August 27, 2010

Whole Wheat Buttermilk Waffles



I have my grandmother's waffle iron. It is ancient, but still works great! When I ran across this recipe in the latest "Weight Watcher's" magazine, I thought it would be fun to try.

Makes 8 waffles ( 5 points +)


  • 1-1/3 c. whole wheat flour ( I used King Arthur's white whole wheat)
  • 1/2 c. flour
  • 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 c. low-fat buttermilk
  • 1/2 c. egg beaters
  • 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
  • 1 T. canola oil
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • fresh berries

Preheat waffle iron according to directions. Spray with cooking spray between each waffle.
Whisk together all ingredients except berries. Drop by 1/2 cup-fuls onto hot waffle iron. Cook until done.
Sprinkle with berries and serve with a little sugar free Log Cabin syrup if desired.
You can freeze any remaining waffles for up to one month.

1 comment:

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...