Saturday, July 17, 2010

Spiced Bacon Twists

This recipe comes from Taste of Home's "Healthy Cooking "
You will never think of bacon the same way again after trying these. They are awesome!


Before going in the oven
After baking



Spiced Bacon Twists: serves 6 ( 2 bacon twists = 2 points +)

1/4 c. packed brown sugar
1-1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg

1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
12 reduced fat center cut bacon strips ( I used Farmland 30% less fat)

Mix first five ingredients in a shallow dish. Press each bacon strip into mixture. Flip so that you coat both sides. Twist bacon and place on a rack in a jelly roll pan ( 15 x 10 x 1" ).
Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes or until desired doneness.=

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...