Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Slow Cooked Pork and Beans



Serves 12 ( 1 c. = 5  points +)
from Taste of Home's "Comfort Food Diet" cookbook

  • 1 boneless whole pork loin roast ( 3 pounds)
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 3 can s( 15 oz each) pork and beans 
  • 1-1/2 c. barbeque sauce * We like Sweet Baby Ray's
  • 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder

Cut roast in half and place in a 5 at. slow cooker. Top with onion. Combine the beans with the remaining ingredients. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low until meat is tender and shreds easily ( about 6-8 hours) I did cook mine on high for a couple of hours in the afternoon.
Remove pork from crock and shred with two forks. Return to pot and stir. Heat through.

3 comments:

  1. When I put this in the recipe builder on Weight watchers I come up with anywhere from 6-10 pts plus. This is cooking as I type my comment. It smells great I just want to make sure that I am tracking the right amount of points when I add this to my tracker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the nutritional values listed in the cookbook that this recipe came from. I tracked 5 points for myself...that is if you make this 12 servings.

      Delete
  2. OMG this is soooo good! I wish I could get away with making this EVERY DAY or at least until I got tired of eating it! Even my daughter who does not like pork and beans loved this. Another hit!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...