Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Double Chip Pumpkin Cinnamon Muffins



I LOVE these muffins. They are a fall favorite and I have made them several times! This is from Taste of Home's "Healthy Cooking"


Double Chip Pumpkin Cinnamon Muffins: Serves 24 ( 4 points +)



  • 1 can ( 15 oz) solid pack pumpkin
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1/2 c. lowfat buttermilk
  • 1/3 c. canola oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 c. all purpose flour
  • 1/2 c. oat flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 c. cinnamon baking chips ( I think Hershey's makes them)
  • 1/2 c. miniature semisweet chocolate chips



Topping:

  • 1/4 c. sugar
  • 1 T. cinnamon



In a large bowl, beat the first seven ingredients well. Combine the next seven ingredients and gradually add to the batter. Stir in chips. Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Cook for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...